Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Red Pepper Bisque Soup and Spicy Cheez- itzs!


More favorite recipes!

I realize I am saying that quite a bit. I honestly didn't know I had so many favorites!
But these two are  hands down winners- for sure!

This soup was one of my first raw soup go- to recipes and a huge hit in my house! It was shared by my friend, Wendy Campbell from www.myrawendeavors.com. It is so flavor full and delicious and super easy! I might have changed it a smidgen since the original but we love it!!

And need I remind you the best thing about raw soups? They take only minutes, no cooking and the clean up is as easy as blending a little soap in your blender. No pots and pans- no muss no fuss!


Fast and easy!

And the Cheez-itzs? Well, Super Good! I don't make them all that often because they disappear so quickly. Sometimes within hours!! They are more like a special treat. They are a dehydrator food recipe and are a nut based and not a flax based cracker but so worth sharing!

Red Pepper Bisque Soup

Raw Red Pepper Bisque Soup
This recipe is especially easy because you don't even need your knife or cutting board! Just a few measuring spoons and cups and your hands and a blender of course and clean up is a snap!

Almond Butter, Nutritional Yeast, Sun-dried Tomatoes, EVOO, Red Pepper, Garlic, and Salt
Ingredients:

1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soak in water until softened and reserve the soak water
1 large bell pepper, cored and seeded
1 clove of garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 almond butter
1 TBSp nutritional Yeast
1/2 tsp salt

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. 

It comes out quite thick. Add soak water to desired consistancy. I usually use one cup of soak water and at least another cup of hot water to bring the temperature up when I'm ready to eat.  It makes about one quart.

Tip: Before adding more water, I usually pour off about half the "thick mix" into a jar for later and then add the hot water for what I am about to eat. I store the "thick mix" as a concentrate in the fridge and then before eating add in hot water, put the top back on and shake to mix. This works out really well with raw soups to have leftovers without diluting it too much.

Although Wendy says she also makes this without the oil and nut butter, I have yet to try this but it sounds good!
Raw Spicy Cheez-itzs!!

The Raw Cracker Barrel
Another easy dehydrator cracker that is a no fail hit. Even my 80 year old neighbor who basically eats all her meals from packages, loves these. Hmmm... probably doesn't sound like the best taste tester but I think you get the picture of their universal appeal.

This recipe has been around the web and too many to name have been involved with its' metamorphosis to be sure who to really credit. So if this is your final recipe, I humbly thank you for sharing.

Almonds, Sun Flower Seeds, Brazil Nuts, Ground Flax Red Pepper, Tomato, Spices
Ingredients:

1 cup sunflower seeds (soaked and dehydrated if you have planned ahead)
1 cup brazil nuts
1 cup almonds
1 big tomato
1 red pepper, cored
1/4 cup ground golden flax seeds
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt or to taste

Process all until well mixed and a coarse texture. Spread onto a Teflex sheet as thin as you like.
cheez-itzs spread onto tray about 1/4 inch

Set in dehydrator at 115 degrees. After a few hours, score with a butter knife and leave until dry on the top, then flip onto a screened dehydrator sheet and leave until crispy- usually all day. 

Raw Spicy Cheez-itzs Crackers


Now watch how fast they disappear!


Printer friendly recipe





No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...